Brock has built an extraordinary team passionate about great food and superior service. We are a family business—and that makes us different. Our company shares the Brock family name and the core values of personal responsibility and commitment to our client’s satisfaction.
We seek candidates at the top of their craft across the spectrum of culinary disciplines: management, chefs, and support employees. We are proud to have a deeply experienced and enthusiastic team at Brock that excels in their profession.
For human resources and recruiting, this means attracting and retaining exceptional talent and matching their diverse skills, backgrounds, and experiences with the right opportunity. It also means developing and challenging employees to grow their skills and knowledge.
This commitment to quality talent is one reason Brock is a preferred employer and a leader in corporate dining and independent schools.
OUR MENU OF BENEFITS:
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Disability, Life, AD&D Insurance
Paid Time Off
Company 401(k) Plan with Company Match
Flexible Spending Account
Customized Training and Development
Position: District Manager/ Independent Schools & Corporate Dining
Mid-Atlantic Region: MD, VA, DC, DE
The District Manager must have an exceptional background and performance history, strong leadership, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to attract, retain and develop talent through teaching and training. This position requires an individual with extensive experience, diplomacy and judgement to plan and accomplish complex far-reaching goals and objectives. They must be able to work with autonomy and at times remotely, in diverse work environments that have a strong focus on client satisfaction, foodservice production and culinary food safety standards. Fluency with all current software programs including Microsoft Office and Excel is required. Most important, the District Manager should possess a passion for multi-unit educational and corporate dining, client and student satisfaction, be a resource for new business development, and effectively collaborate with the Director of Culinary Development, Director of Marketing and Nutritionist to improve and enhance foodservice operations.
· Provide on-site executive leadership of a highly complex, multi-unit district including strategy planning, execution and follow-up to ensure achievement of financial and operational goals.
· Establish and deliver regional long-term and short-term operating and financial goals including budgets and forecasts to ensure effective operations.
· Provides guidance and leadership to the on-site leadership team and unit managers, driving improvement and growth in our associate’s abilities, our client’s satisfaction and financial goals while understanding and delivering value.
· Accountability for overall talent management, including succession planning, coaching for performance, employee development and talent acquisition.
· Drives new business opportunities within assigned territory and participates in the sales process to drive optimal performance on new sales.
· Ensures a positive, safe environment by driving quality standards, regulatory compliance, employee safety and OSHA requirements.
· 7-10 years previous experience in multi-unit contract dining in the private and independent school division exceeding 5 million.
· 7-10 years employee development and training experience
· Performance history that demonstrates strong leadership, organization and communication skills
· Experience implementing marketing and menu programs
· History of budget adherence and food costing
· Communicate clearly, professionally and effectively across all levels
· Bachelor Degree in business, hospitality or marketing from recognized institution preferred
Brock & Company is the premier provider of contract food management to corporations and private and independent schools throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions. Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock & Company has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock & Company provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
Competitive salary, benefits and incentives
Position may travel 75% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer