Brock has built an extraordinary team passionate about great food and superior service. We are a family business—and that makes us different. Our company shares the Brock family name and the core values of personal responsibility and commitment to our client’s satisfaction.
We seek candidates at the top of their craft across the spectrum of culinary disciplines: management, chefs, and support employees. We are proud to have a deeply experienced and enthusiastic team at Brock that excels in their profession.
For human resources and recruiting, this means attracting and retaining exceptional talent and matching their diverse skills, backgrounds, and experiences with the right opportunity. It also means developing and challenging employees to grow their skills and knowledge.
This commitment to quality talent is one reason Brock is a preferred employer and a leader in corporate dining and independent schools.
OUR MENU OF BENEFITS:
Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Disability, Life, AD&D Insurance
Paid Time Off
Company 401(k) Plan with Company Match
Flexible Spending Account
Customized Training and Development
Position: Food Service Director – Summer Camp
Location: Berkshires/Western Massachusetts
Full-Time Seasonal 15 Weeks
Wage: $1520.00 per week
Brock & Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management to private and independent schools and corporations throughout the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions. We aim to deliver outstanding quality food services exceeding our clients’ expectations every day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization that is committed to our clients and associates and is always striving for excellence.
This unique opportunity requires a candidate with previous experience directing foodservice operations at large scale summer camps. This highly visible position will be filled with a candidate that has professional personal presentation and excellent communication skills, as they will have daily interaction with the client, administrative and support staff and campers at all meal periods.
The site is an established camp in the Berkshires and hosts a total of 1000 campers at two locations on a large property. The first session arrives in late June and departs in mid-July. The second session arrives in late July and ends mid-August.
The Food Service Director will assume responsibility for the oversight and direction of the summer camp's dining service operations to include client relations, purchasing, receiving, menu execution, staffing, employee development, payroll management, and reporting. The scheduled timeline for this position would be mid-May until September 6th.
Candidates should have a foundation of working culinary expertise as they will participate in food production on a regular basis and a history of leading culinary teams to success. Strong organizational skills are required as the FSD will assume responsibility for the scheduling and execution of multiple events such as BBQ’s, day trip pack-outs and caterings on a regular basis.
Additional compensation in the form of transportation, housing, gas reimbursement and incentives will be discussed and negotiated on an individual basis.
· Form positive relationship with client, support staff and campers to meet organizational and financial goals.
· Organize and direct all dining service activities to include pack-outs, BBQ, catering and any other special events.
· Responsibility for ordering, managing production, menu changes and the Allergen program.
· Management and administration of unit to include budget adherence, purchasing,
· invoicing, payroll and reporting.
· Develop and maintain sustainability program.
· Keep a clean and safe work environment and follow all outlined health and safety regulations with regard to food handling, equipment use and personal hygiene.
· Be a part of the camp community, adjust the program based on camp needs and feedback, represent Brock effectively while managing client requests and expectations.
· Staffing activities to include labor scheduling and compliance for twelve J-1 visa staff.
· Customer-focused, service-oriented, “can-do” attitude.
· Comfort with being the central figure in a large operation and the main source of communication to all stakeholders.
· Professional, front of house presentation.
· Problem-solving/delegation ability
· Ability to multi-task as there will be complex timing issues as multiple events are scheduled regularly.
· Computer proficiency for ordering, reporting and internal administrative actions.
· 5-10 years experience in seasonal summer camp of similar size, private school/college dining or similar venue.
· Hospitality Degree, Catering Management or Certifications preferred
· Serv Safe and Allergen Awareness certifications required
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V Benefits Eligible
Background Check and Required // Uniforms and Meals Provided
Please respond with resume or letter of intent.